Parent Questionnaire Data
Results from Parent/Carer Questionnaire Autumn Term 2021/2022
56 parents took part in our Autumn 2021 questionnaire and the results are as follows.
|Strongly Agree||Agree||Disagree||Strongly Disagree||Don’t Know||Comments|
|1||My child is happy at Coleridge.||79%||16%||5%||0||0||
|2||My child feels safe at Coleridge.||68%||24%||5%||0%||5%|
|3||Coleridge makes sure its pupils are well behaved.||54%||36%||5%||0%||5%|
|4||The staff at Coleridge deal with behaviour incidents quickly and effectively.||44%||40%||5%||0%||11%|
|5||The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year.||62%||21%||12%||0%||5%|
|6||When I have raised concerns with the school, they have been dealt with properly.||57%||38%||0%||0%||5%|
|7||The school has high expectations for my child.||53%||42%||0%||0%||5%||
|8||My child does well at school.||71%||29%||0%||0%||0%||
|9||The school lets me know how my child is doing through parent evening meetings or phone calls.||73%||27%||0%||0%||0%||
|10||There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.||51%||49%||0%||0%||0%||
|11||My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.||77%||18%||0%||0%||5%||
|12||The school supports my child’s wider personal development.||71%||24%||0%||0%||5%||
|13||I would recommend this school to another parent.||65%||35%||0%||0%||0%||
Comments and Suggestions
- What’s working well in the school?
- School have excellent atmosphere to update children’s behaviour
- My child loves his teachers.
- I’m very happy with this school.
- My little boy loves coming to school takes him 5 minutes to go in & about an hour to get home he never wants to leave which I’m really pleased about, the staff did an amazing job from day 1 settling him into school & daily routines, he’s always so excited & enthusiastic to come home & share with us what he has been learning about in school & come on leaps & bounds since starting Coleridge. A big high 5 to all Coleridge road staff .
- Couldn’t ask for a better school.
- We love the staff so friendly.
- Throughout theses uncertain times the support we’ve had as been second too none we has a family really did struggle during the 1st lockdown but with the support from the school we got through it. I’d like to say a big thank you too everyone for their continued support.
- Good atmosphere and positive outcome on children’s learning.
- After school clubs and activities.
- Encourage the kids to read.
- Headteacher and all school staff hard working and I’m proud of them.
- Continuous support and clear communication.
- The children are safe.
- What can we improve upon?
- More prizes and games for children.
- Need more parents meeting to discuss children’s academic activities
- Washing hands and using hand sanitiser
- Concerned with level of supervision at lunch time.
- More activities for the kids.
- I suggest adding an Islamic lesson.
- Letting all parents knot of situations that occur.
- What were we doing previously, before COVID, that you’d like to return?
- It would be nice to have more interaction with teachers and parents.
- Need a hand sansitiser on the main door before entering in the classrooms.
- Assemblies where parents can attend, face to face parents evening.
- Parents attending school plays and assembly.
- They can go to other classes do board games make biscuits and origami.
- Eventually when that school can due to COVID restrictions it would be nice for parent work shops etc so that parents can come into school to take part in fun activities within school alongside their children & the teachers as if builds positive relationships for all involved & has always work well within Coleridge primary school.
- After school cookery club.
- Doing more after school clubs.
- Been able too actually see the children performing that’s when we will feel as a school and community normality is back.
- Bagels in class for breakfast.
Parent/Carer COVID Questionnaire Summer Term 2020/2021
|Strongly Agree||Agree||Disagree||Strongly Disagree||Don’t Know|
|1||School have put in place safety measures to try and keep children safe.||73%||27%||0%||0%||0%|
|2||School have been easily to contact and been helpful with any issues during COVID19||73%||27%||0%||0%||0%|
|3||The remote learning platform (Dojo, Epic, School Website) has been easily accessible.||49%||42%||2%||2%||5%|
|4||The learning videos provided online has been helpful and supportive.||45%||43%||0%||0%||12%|
|5||School has continued to meet the basic needs of pupils and families.||63%||33%||2%||0%||2%|
|6||School have still held Parent’s evening calls to update you on your child’s progress||67%||29%||0%||2%||2%|
|7||My child is happy at this school.||80%||18%||2%||0%||0%|
|8||My child feels safe at this school.||75%||23%||0%||0%||2%|
|9||The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved||57%||41%||0%||0%||2%|
|10||The leadership team of the school are ensuring your child receives the best possible education.||59%||39%||0%||0%||2%|
|11||When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.||65%||29%||0%||0%||6%|
|12||The school has high expectations for my child.||61%||37%||0%||0%||4%|
|13||There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.||61%||35%||0%||0%||6%|
|14||The school supports my child’s wider personal development.||61%||29%||2%||0%||8%|
|15||I would recommend this school to another parent.||63%||33%||0%||0%||4%|
Can you comment on what we do well as a school?
- My kids don’t speak English I can see the different when they started the school. My kids like the school very much.
- Making parents feel involved in everything.
- Good learning. Great staff.
- All staff are all a good kind team and are always doing the best for my children.
- You are great at embracing all backgrounds and broadening their minds. Accepting all faiths and celebrations.
- Your good at learning kids’ geography.
- The support from school is unbelievable!
- Always keep children safe and remind them to wash hand.
- The school community itself is really friendly and I really love that about this school.
- When the kids have not been at school home learning and the zoom meetings have been brilliant.
- Great leadership. Always above and beyond for pupils, parents and community
- You help make the children happy, and well educated. This is what schools are for.
- I would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff especially Mr Tankard you’re doing a great job, I’m rest assured that my child she is in a safe hands while in school environment.
- Communication and including everyone.
- You talk to us about what we want.
- My child really enjoys school and all the activities that go with it, even through home learning his enjoyed looking at all the fun updates on Twitter and competitions.
- Being there for the children through these hard times and still doing the best you can for them to still celebrate holidays such as Christmas to be normal as possible.
Can you comment on anything we could do better as a school
- No, you just doing great.
- Everything good continue.
- More educated the children respect the parents and listen.
- Try to talk to children more about bullying as a bad behaviour and suppose anti- bullying reward.
- More communication and earlier information for working parents. About events at school.
- Teach kids more common sense and more things to do with real life things they will use when leaving school.
- The only thing I’d probably advise is just to maybe add in some exercise activities for home.
- I think you are doing so well, you don’t really need anything!
- I would like to recommend to have a list of activities happening in school every term to help parents to prepare and it will motivate to be planned ahead, and in another hand no child will miss out to participate, I’m glad I have seen a letter come out recently with a list well done again.
- Everything is good in this school. I have no objections
- I feel that there are a few parents who believe the rules do not apply to them. Walking around with no mask/ face coverings. Or wearing them around their chins. I believe this needs to be addressed with more authority. I’ve seen parents block door ways to classrooms, as they talk to teachers without masks. This is not fair to the teachers. Nor is it fair to the kids trying to get in to their class rooms and are unable to social distance safely.
- Ask the parents to stay away from the gate they make it hard to access.
- Can’t think of anything brilliant school with brilliant staff.
- Try to get the women to stop smoking outside the school gates
Parent/Carer COVID Questionnaire Summer Term 2019/2020
|Strongly Agree||Agree||Disagree||Don’t Know|
|1||School have remained in regular contact with you during the pandemic.||66%||29%||2%||3%|
|2||School have been easily to contact and been helpful with any issues.||65%||31%||0%||4%|
|3||The online learning platform has been easily accessible.||58%||35%||4%||3%|
|4||The learning provided online has been helpful and supportive.||45%||46%||0%||4%|
|5||School has continued to meet the basic needs of pupils and families.||55%||40%||0%||5%|
|6||School have been in regular contact to ensure children and families are safe.||66%||32%||2%||0%|
|7||School have tried to engage with parents and children through social media and home visits?||60%||37%||3%||0%|
|8||School have tried to ensure that children’s and parents well-being remains high.||54%||42%||0%||4%|
|9||Any issues or complaints during COVID have been dealt with effectively.||43%||26%||2%||29%|
|10||Information about the Coronavirus and schools plans have been shared clearly.||52%||38%||2%||8%|
|11||School has supported the community effectively during the pandemic.||58%||32%||2%||8%|
|12||You would recommend school to others||46%||46%||2%||6%|
74 parents/carers returned the questionnaire and all the data is taken from their responses
|Strongly Agree||Agree||Disagree||Strongly Disagree||Don’t Know||Comments|
|1||My child is happy at this school.||88%||11%||0%||1%||0%|
|2||My child feels safe at this school.||76%||23%||1%||0%||0%|
|3||The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved||83%||16%||1%||0%||0%|
|4||My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively.||75%||15%||3%||3%||4%|
|5||The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year.||76%||21%||0%||0%||3%|
|6||When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.||74%||24%||1%||0%||1%|
|7||Does your child have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)? (yes or no) … If yes, how strongly they agree with this statement: ‘My child has SEND, and the school gives them the support they need to succeed.’ (4)||75%||0%||25%||0%||0%|
|8||The school has high expectations for my child.||80%||19%||1%||0%||0%|
|9||My child does well at this school.||77%||21%||0%||1%||1%|
|10||The school lets me know how my child is doing through parent evenings.||73%||26%||0%||0%||1%|
|11||There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.||76%||21%||0%||0%||3%|
|12||My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.||82%||15%||0%||0%||3%|
|13||The school supports my child’s wider personal development.||79%||17%||1%||0%||3%|
|14||I would recommend this school to another parent.||83%||17%||0%||0%||0%|