The Published Admission Number (PAN) for Coleridge Primary School is 30.
Admission to F1
Admissions to F1 are processed through the school. Parents need to complete an Application for Nursery Form, which is available from the school office and return the completed form with their child’s Birth Certificate.
A place is normally three terms attendance, commencing in the Autumn Term one year before entry to reception/Foundation Stage 2.
Children enter Foundation Stage 1 (Nursery) at the beginning of the school year after the child has turned 3. All children start in FS1 at the start of the school year in September and they attend 5 morning or 5 afternoon sessions a week (15 hours per week).
All applications will be considered at the end of May and all successful parents will be contacted about transition in the summer term. Our FS1 PAN is for 15 children in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. We often have more than 30 applications for our FS1, therefore we follow the Local Authorities Admissions criteria. This is as follows:
- Relevant Looked After Children or previously looked after children.
- Children who have a specific medical reason confirmed by a medical practitioner which the Head Teacher is satisfied makes attendance at the particular school essential.
- Children with a compelling social reason which the Head Teacher is satisfied makes attendance at the particular school essential. The kinds of overriding social reasons which could be accepted are where there is evidence that the pupil’s education would be seriously impaired if he or she did not attend the preferred school. Parents should ensure that they provide full supporting information to be considered alongside their application.
- Child lives in our catchment area as defined by the Local Authority, with a sibling already in our setting.
- Child lives in our catchment area as defined by the Local Authority.
- Child who lives outside the catchment area of the school as defined by the local authority, and whose older sibling will be on roll in our setting.
- Child who attends our integrated children’s centre which is attached to our school and live in the catchment areas as defined by the Local Authority.
- Child who lives nearest to the school – measured by a straight line on a horizontal plane (commonly known this measurement as the crow flies)
- Child who lives outside our catchment but parent(s) express a preference for our Nursery School F1.
- In addition to the above criteria children will also be admitted in age order (oldest first).
At the end of F1, children do not automatically move into F2. You will need to complete the application form below to apply for a place.
Information about Admission to Foundation Stage 2 (Reception)
Children enter Foundation Stage 2 (FS2) at the beginning of the school year in which they are 5. All children start FS2 at the start of the school year in September. All parents, as part of Rotherham Local Authority’s admissions policy have to apply to the Local Authority (LA) for admission to the school of their choice. Parents have to fill in an application form for a place for their child. Places are then allocated by the LA.
The admission limit for Coleridge Primary is 30, so sometimes places are refused because the school is full. There is an Appeals process to follow if your child does not receive the place that you have applied for.
There is no automatic transfer between Foundation Stage 1 (nursery) and Foundation Stage 2 and all parents must submit an application for a school place.
How to apply for Admission to Primary School (F2) 2021
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017, you need to apply now for a primary school place for September 2021. The closing date for receipt of applications is 15 January 2021. We consider any application made after this closing date as a late application. If your application is late you will be far less likely to get in to your preferred school.
If you do not live in Rotherham you must contact your local Admissions Team for further advice.
Any reference to primary schools also includes community schools, aided schools, academies and trust schools
If you submitted your application online you can log into your account on 16 April 2021 to view your school place offer. You will need to know your login details – the email account and password you used when you made your application. If you need a password reset, please ring us on 01709 823777 and we can send you a reset password link https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/2007/primary-school-application-booklet
Joining the school after September
Sometimes children need to change school at different times because of moving house or other reasons. School places are managed and allocated by the Local Authority, so parents
wishing to gain a place at Coleridge for their child will need to contact the LA Admissions Team at Riverside House, Rotherham.
Admission to Year 7
At the end of Y6, pupils will transfer to a local secondary school/academy. Parents have to apply for their child to attend a school of their choice.
Parents will receive a letter from the LA through the post to their home address in the autumn term of Y6 asking them to name 3 choices of secondary provision.
The LA sends out confirmation about which school places have been allocated in March of the child’s Year 6 year.
The phone number for the Admissions Team is 01709 823777